Monday, November 11, 2013

Protest Poster



I wanted to do something that no one really knew was a problem. Everyday people take their dogs on walks and have them poop and then just walk away from it like it is no big deal. Sure, when a dog poops on your lawn, you get mad, but everybody should be upset because it is hurting the environment. Dog poop is not like other animal poop, it is not fertilizer. Unlike horse or cow poop, which helps plants grow, dog poop kills the plants that it is surrounding. There are chemicals in the food dogs eat that makes dog poop harmful to the environment.
In my poster I wanted to show contrast of what is and what could be. I showed the poop almost as big as the tree to show the detrimental effect dog poop can have. I over exaggerated to make a point. On the other hand, I made the tree in the other frame so big that it actually cannot fit in the frame. This shows that people can help the environment just by bagging their dog’s poop.
            The last part that I did was the slogan: Bag It! (With a paw on the exclamation.) I wanted to show that it was dog’s poop, but not shout it out. I want the audience to take two and two and make four, not just give them the four. I wanted to be more ambiguous. I did this because I feel like if the audience thinks about it when looking at it, they will remember it. It will also maybe make them research something that they don’t know all that much about and that’s what this project is all about.



No comments:

Post a Comment