Monday, September 23, 2013

Tiny Stories

Tiny Stories





Artist Statement 
My tiny stories relation to one another is types of death. I turned something really morbid into comical. I did this because I thought I could create two dynamics at once, which I think I did. I think I did this by choosing death as a topic and the way that I animated it. Every single one of those types of deaths are really morbid in real life, but in these it kind of makes you chuckle.
The animals don’t give it a personal feel, and also I did real life situations for those animals. If you talk about what is happening in each picture it would be very sad and gross. It reminds me of Family Guy and how they use really morbid situations and make them into funny situations. To some people, even if it is funny, they still think it is in bad taste. I, on the other hand, think animated violence is very comical.
All in all it was a very fun project and I took a lot from what I learned in class. I tried to show rather than tell. I feel like I have a great median in what my pictures show and what my words show. I used less than 15 words on each one, but I am still trying to decide if it conveyed enough of what I wanted to show. I think that it did, but I know the stories in my head and I don’t know what other people are thinking. This project taught me that I can’t rely on a single characteristic in a film. It has to be well rounded and sometimes, less is more. If I can tell a story in less than 15 words then I can SHOW more in a film than TELL. 



No comments:

Post a Comment